Friday, September 6, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-05-2024: Back to Exercising, Terrorism on *NCIS*, Spaghetti Dinner and Flexibility

Quick note: It didn't work to photograph Copper today -- that just happens some days. 

1. It felt great to return to the Fitness Center today after five days away. I am in the process of figuring out just how far and how hard I can push myself on the cross training machine and the recumbent bicycle. After thirty minutes of exercise today, I was a bit winded, but the great news is that I felt no discomfort in the surgery site. 

2. Debbie and I haven't watched television together for quite a while, but this week we watched a four episode NCIS story. The NCIS team faced an international terrorist group that recruited children and these episodes included the most intense moments of danger, violence, injury, and death I've ever seen on NCIS. Right in the middle of it all, Mimi Rogers appeared in a guest star role as a CIA agent whose son was killed by this terrorist organization. I enjoyed seeing her as seasoned actor in her 60s. She was superb. 

3. I learned at my transplant appointment on Wednesday that my potassium levels have crept a bit out of range on the high side again. To my relief, the doctor and I agreed to address this problem without another medication. So, tonight, Debbie requested pasta for dinner and I made her spaghetti with a tomato sauce and ground beef that I couldn't eat because tomatoes are a high potassium food. She was very happy with the sauce I made. I very much enjoyed my plate of spaghetti with Trader Joe's lemon pesto and a bit of sour cream, a combination I dreamed up and that worked for me. 

No comments: