Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-09-2024: The Sube is Home, Searching for Home, Copper Project at flickr

1.  I drove the Sube home today after its weekend away at the repair spa and the air conditioner once again blows cool/cold refreshing air into the cabin. 

2. As I move more deeply into the novel, Perma Red, Louise White Elk is developing into a restless character, eager to be and stay on the move, and in her wanderings she experiences, as a young teenager, shocks that catapult her into something like adulthood while she very much remains an adolescent. I'm wondering if this novel is developing as a story about Louise White Elks' mighty sense of displacement and not belonging and is becoming about her search for home. 

3. I continued to take a few pictures of Copper today and I reacquainted myself with my flickr account and familiarized myself with some things that are new, to me, at the site. I thought I'd post a picture I liked of Copper, but that kind of bugged me because of the blue pillows in the background. I cropped the picture -- the edited version is the second on here -- and I'm undecided which version I prefer. I've begun an album at flickr called Copper Project 2024. 

I can tell as I add more photos to it that gradually I'm knocking the rust off and my photographs seem to be improving incrementally. I've got a lot of work to do, as always. 

I'll continue to post this link to the album periodically in case you'd like to look at it.  Just click here

By the way, clicking on the photos in the album will give you a larger view. 




 

No comments: