Friday, September 27, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-26-2024: Getting Familiar with the Service, Reading a Terrific Book, A Fun Trader Joe's Dinner

 1. In my slow and steady efforts to prepare to officiate Don Knott's Celebration of Life on Saturday (3:00, Mountain View Congregational Church, Kellogg), I am getting more and more familiar with what I'll say and will continue to practice on Friday. 

2. I am well into the book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm finding it absorbing, difficult to put down. The author, Stieg Larsson draws characters in compelling and efficient detail, populating his story with fascinating characters who are also in compelling situations. 

3. When Debbie arrived home, she went right to work making the homemade dog food she feeds Gibbs. She reached a stopping point -- she'll finish the project on Friday -- and then I made a Trader Joe's dinner: Thai Vegetable Gyozas on a bed of organic cous cous topped with Trader Joe's Hoisin Sauce and Trader Joe's Aglio Olio Seasoning Blend -- kind of a mix of garlic and chili flakes. The woman who checked me out on Wednesday told me she uses this blend in Italian, Asian, and other dishes, so I gave it a try. 

It worked! 

 

No comments: