Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-17-2024: Keeping the Lost Girls Sorted Out, A Copper Print Arrived, A Different Curry Approach Worked

1. I read early chapters of the book, Lost Girls, today and began to learn about the early lives of four of the women Robert Kolker writes about in this book. On Wednesday, I'll go back and reread and jot down some notes on at least three of these chapters because I'm having difficulty keeping three of the women straight in my mind. The reason is simple: these three victims' names all begin with M: Maureen, Melissa, Megan. It's helped some to go online and look at the pictures of their faces that newspapers ran back in around 2010-11, but I am determined to overcome my own confusion (it's on me -- the writing is lucid and not confusing) and get a firm grip on which backgrounds go with which of the individual women. 

2. Last week, I made an order through flickr to have this picture of Copper printed:


I am always unsure of how pictures I see on my computer screen will translate into printed photographs. This one worked well.  It's an 8" x 12" print and Debbie thinks she might have a frame that will work with this photo. I hope so. It'll be fun to have one of the Copper Project 2024 pictures out for anyone who comes to our house to see. 

3. I've been hankering a bit lately for Thai curry and I decided late this afternoon to take a different approach. I created the curry sauce in my routine way: red curry paste, coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and kaffir lime leaves. 

Here's what I'd never tried before: I sliced a white onion and put the slices on the bottom of a baking pan. On top of the onion I placed each of the party chicken wings from a single pack. I then poured the sauce over and around the chicken pieces and baked the chicken, onion, and curry sauce combination for about 35-40 minutes. I also fixed a pot of brown rice and when the chicken was cooked through, I put a layer of rice in the bottom of a flat bowl for both Debbie and me and topped the rice with onion, chicken pieces, and sauce. 

I was very happy that an approach to fixing a chicken curry that I thought might work, did indeed turn out to work very well! 

No comments: