Saturday, September 21, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-20-2024: On the Road, A Feast, Four-Handed Cribbage

 1. It takes me longer now that I am a post-transplant guy to get my medicine, blood pressure cuff, thermometer, binder, and other things gathered and organized to travel. So, this morning, I was a little bit late getting out the door to drive to the Pritchard Tavern and join a table surrounded by Class of 72 classmates for a fun and delicious lunch. 

Afterward, we stopped at the Coyote Bar, a country establishment at the bottom of the eastern side of Thompson Pass and for the first time since May 10th I got to play Wolf Moon, my favorite slot machine, and I had some luck. I carried my rinse free cleansing foam in my pocket and washed my hands repeatedly, figuring that was the safest way to enjoy spinning some reels and I was relieved that not many people were at the Coyote. 

2. We all arrived at the Pineapple Lodge north of Trout Creek, MT for our 70th birthday celebration. We got settled into our room and a couple of hours later a pasta feast suddenly appeared with penne, meatballs, sausage, tomato sauce,  lasagne, garlic bread, green salad, and other food items to snack on. 

It was a great dinner -- especially good for me, as it turned out, because the lasagne was not tomato based -- freeing me up to eat a moderate amount of the pasta with tomato sauce and more generous helpings of the lasagne. 

3. I retired to my room and finished reading and being disturbed and unsettled by Lost Girls. 

The highlight of my evening, once I finished the book, was playing four-handed cribbage with Jake, Diane, and Lars. I enjoy playing cribbage online. My opponent is a robot. It was much more fun playing live cribbage and I've always enjoyed what a blast it is to play four-handed. 

No comments: