Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-23-2024: DON KNOTT'S CELEBRATION OF LIFE IS HAPPENING!!!, Contributing Food for After the Service at The Lounge, Meatloaf Family Dinner

1. So I had this bright idea that I would use the Event Announcement capability on the Kellogg Idaho Class of 72 Facebook group page and post the information about Don Knott's Celebration of Life as an event. 

Little did I know that for people living outside the Pacific Time Zone, the Event Announcement would tell them the Celebration of Life would begin not at 3 PST, but in Montana the time was listed as 4 MST. 

This caused confusion. 

I received a text asking me, essentially, if the time of the service had been changed because a Montana member of the group saw the time listed as 4 p.m.

So, I took the Facebook announcement down from the Kellogg Idaho Class of 72 group page. 

Little did I know that when I deleted this event announcement, Facebook would send out notification that the event had been cancelled. The Facebook robots equate an announcement being deleted with the event being canceled. 

I didn't think of that! 

Luckily, Ed and Nancy Hanson called me almost right away to tell me that Nancy received a cancelation notification.

So, I went to work on email, Facebook, and this blog immediately to get the word out in all caps that 

DON KNOTT'S CELEBRATION OF LIFE HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED!!!

I hope the fact that the service is happening will be helped further along by today's publication of Don Knott's obituary. 

Here's a link to his obit:

https://shoshonenewspress.com/news/2024/sep/24/donald-knott-70/

2. Cas called me today. I'd asked him earlier about how Don Knott's friends and I could help with the food situation for after the service at the Inland Lounge. 

He told me that he and Tracy will provide ribs. 

He asked me to tell people who want to contribute to bring food that doesn't need to be kept warm because the electricity capability at the Inland Lounge is limited. 

So, I've put out an announcement about bringing food to one group of people, and will probably ask some others.

I've asked people to let me know what they are bringing so I can let others know and hopefully avoid duplication. 

If you are reading this and want to contribute, just email, text, or Facebook message me what you'd like to bring.

So far we have a pasta salad, chips, Trader Joe's chocolates, and cold chicken wings, so there are plenty of options available! 

3. We had a superb family dinner tonight in Christy's back yard. The main dish was Christy's terrific ground beef and pork meatloaf. She also made a grape salad and Carol contributed a fascinating and delicious cornmeal zucchini  pie and she made a zucchini chocolate cake for dessert. For an appetizer, I cut up some Beach Bum Bakery bagels served with Trader Joe's egg salad. Molly also brought delicious bread to eat with dinner. 

So, around the table sat Christy, Debbie, Carol, Paul, Paul's mom and Molly's grandmother, Pat, Molly, and me. 

The weather cooperated and, as always, we talked about a variety of subjects ranging from the perils of having skunks in our neighborhood to the glories of Ethiopian food, especially at the Spokane eatery, Queen of Sheba. 

No comments: