Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-10-2024: Renewed Vitality, Educating Myself, Quick and Very Delicious Dinner

1.  If you read this blog and grow weary of my Copper project, please indulge me. I am feeling better than ever these days and one thing that is boosting my mood, is invigorating my vitality is taking photographs again, especially trying out different ways to take pictures of Copper. (I think he's a great model and taking pictures of him in the lighting conditions of my bedroom presents me with challenges I enjoy facing.)



2. Not only am I enjoying taking photographs, I'm enjoying educating myself again about how my Nikon 3100 works, some of the ins and outs of Photos for Mac (all my previous work with pictures was on a PC), and what I'm finding to be the improved performance of flickr. It's all stimulating, vitalizing. 

3. We try to always keep tilapia on hand. I thawed four filets today, not knowing that Debbie was going to be leaving the house soon after she arrived home from school. She would be blasting over to Teeters Field to watch present and former students play soccer.

I told her I'd have dinner ready the second she walked in the door -- and I did. I fixed a mixed vegetable stir fry, a pot of golden couscous, and fried the tilapia filets. For a fish sauce, I threw together the rest of our Trader Joe's lemon pesto along with sour cream and yogurt and topped it off with chopped green onion. I hadn't tried this combination before and Debbie and I agreed: it was an awesome sauce for dressing the fish. 

It was a quick dinner and a really delicious one. 

No comments: