Monday, September 23, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 09-22-2024: Birthday Party Wraps Up, Preparing for Don Knott's Memorial, Talking to Roger

1. Wisely, when Diane and others planned the food for our birthday weekend at the Pineapple Lodge near Trout Creek, MT, they figured we'd have plenty of leftovers from Friday and Saturday and didn't need to bring special food for Sunday's wake up, have a bite, and hit the road breakfast.

They were right. 

We had plenty of leftovers to feed us.

We got ourselves gathered and were out of the house by check out time.

I had an easy and relaxing drive home and hope my friends did as well.

2. I'll be conducting the Celebration of Life for Don Knott this coming Saturday (3 p.m., Mountain View Congregational Church in Kellogg), so Don's daughter Beth and I, on Saturday, arranged to talk things over on the phone today.

And we did. 

I'd say we are set. 

I know what I need to do to prepare for the celebration and Beth knows what she needs to do and this service should come off smoothly. 

3. After I talked with Beth, I had a superb conversation with Roger Pearson about the service, about Don, and some other things. We decided what we needed to and did so candidly and most enjoyably. 

I gotta say -- after spending a weekend with so many people at the Pineapple Lodge and after working out details about the service with Beth and Roger, I was bushed. I looked forward to recharging my batteries with a good night's sleep and returning to my tasks on Monday. 

No comments: