Monday, December 4, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/04/06: Rhiannon, Consonants, Sarcasm


1. WR 121 student, Darcy, and I sat down over coffee and Diet Pepsi to talk over comma splices and run on sentences while her daughter, Rhiannon, played with Barbies, banged a bit on bongos, ate some peaches, and sucked root beer from her Wendy's cup.

2. I was walking down the basement stairs to check my laundry and suddenly realized how much I enjoyed sitting backstage listening to Cory play Aaron from Titus Andronicus and how I pretended like I didn't know English and listened to Shakespeare's poetry just for the music of the vowels and consonants and meter.

3. My sarcastic remarks and snide comparisons made my friend Sparky laugh and relieved some of the tension of her difficult day and her overloaded life.

No comments: