Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/21/2011: Best Buy Failure, BBQ Steak, Happy Racoon

1.  Tomorrow I'm going to try my luck at taking family portraits.  Silver Valley Girl has asked me to take pictures of her family.  I need a tripod.  I also need a shutter release cord.  Today Mom and I went to Coeur d' Alene so she could redeem a coupon at J. C. Penney and so I could by the photograph supplies I needed.  I struck out.  The kid at Best Buy told me that a shutter release cord is a "pretty specialized product" and that he could order me one, but that they don't carry them in the store.  I decided that was it.  I decided not to try any other big box stores and that I'd return to Cd'A on Monday and see if the Camera Corral has what I need.  Mom hit a coupon home run.

2.   Mom fired up the bbq and we had an excellent steak dinner. 

3.  After dinner, I took some pictures in Mom's front and back yards.  She likes figures of animals in her yard, epitomized by this happy fella:




No comments: