Sunday, August 7, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/06/2011: Narrating, Spectating, Talking with Melissa

1.  I had a splendid time narrating the Shakespeare Showcase.  I loved Sparky's script and it was a lot of fun projecting my voice into the far reaches of the LCC's Main Stage. 

2.  Even more fun than narrating was seeing the variety of scenes unfold, of getting so many different tastes of so many different scenes from so many different plays of Shakespeare.  The variety of moods, characters, actors' experience and abilities invigorated me, sometimes moved me to tears.  The origins of the Showcase extend all the way back to December, 1991 and I'm simply at what an elegant and beautiful show it has become after beginning so humbly, so modestly twenty years ago.

3.  Melissa came over before actor warm ups got underway for the 7:00 show and we talked about a wide range of things, including our shared experience of growing up in working class environments.  I hadn't ever talked with Melissa before and I'm really glad she introduced herself and I hope we'll continue the conversation we started today.

No comments: