Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/17/2011: Catching Up, Camera Confusion, Silver Peak Fire

1.  After not being online for about four days, I logged on and got caught up posting 3BTs and posted some photo albums. 

2.  IEG and Silver Valley Girls took the dogs for a swim and while they were gone I tried to get my little pile of a life here in Martin Creek organized.  My Canon S95 was missing.  I stayed calm.  I didn't tear up the guest cabin where I'm sleeping at night.  I didn't start bawling.  I stayed calm.  IEG arrived home and I pushed down all the panic coursing through my veins and greeted her at the door, "Do you happen to have my camera?"  "OMG!  Yes!  I do.  I wondered why the settings on my camera were different.  It's because it's your camera!"  The entire house sighed in relief.  This is the one small, nearly insignificant drawback of brother and sister having the same camera! 

3.  Our friends on Facebook posted pictures and comments to help those of us not in Kellogg find out what was happening with the Silver Peak fire that broke out on the hill above Silver and 2nd Street and started to shoot up the hill and move south.  By the time we went to bed, the reports had quieted down and this led me to believe that the fire had been nearly contained.  We'll see if that's the case in the morning.  Btw, I talked to Mom at about 9 p.m. and it was good to hear that it was neither very smoky nor smelly down on Sunnyside -- which led me to believe that the fire wasn't raging.

No comments: