Friday, August 5, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 08/04/2011: Pancakes Well Done, 13th Avenue, Mob Scene at Billy Mac's

1.  I keep trying to snap pictures of people working.  I'm not having any trouble finding workers, but I have a lot of work to do in improving my photographing of them.  This morning I ate breakfast at Ye Olde Pancake House.  In this picture, maybe you can tell that the woman being served is adamant about how she wants everything she ordered to be prepared.  I'll tell you that she is especially tired of going to restaurants and being served undercooked pancakes.  The waitress patiently listened to each of her customer's demands and, as far as I could tell, the customer was very happy with her food when it arrived -- and, in fact, asked for a carry out box before she took a single bite.  She knew she'd never be able to eat all the food on her plate.


Here's another picture of the customer, waiting for her food to arrive, reading the comics:
2.  I was waiting on the 13th Avenue side of St. Mary's Episcopal Church for our four o'clock adult education committee meeting to start and I took some pictures.  These two will go into my holding hands project folder, even though in the second picture the man is holding the dog's leash -- but, close enough!



3.  I got to Billy Mac's a little early and chatted with Carolyn and George.  The Deke, Adrienne, Jack, and I were to only ones who could make it tonight.  Other Billy Mac's regulars were busy.  That story in Wednesday's Register Guard about Cathy had quite an impact.  The place was hoppin' and Cathy said it had been the same way the night before and that she heard from several people that they came to Billy Mac's because of the feature on Cathy in the newspaper. 

No comments: