Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sibling Assignment #149: St. Mary's Cross

This assignment came from InlandEmpireGirl:  "Create a collection...choose something that is easily accessible: soup bowls,cell phones, sofas, chairs, vases...whatever. Create a series of photographs on the collection all photographed the same way. Put them into a collage or a frame together. Write about the experience."

I've done a variation on this assignment.  I have taken a bunch of pictures of the same object, the cross(es) above the 13th Avenue entrance to St. Mary's Episcopal Church.  I've taken them at different times of the year, different times of day, and with different cameras and lenses.  My only observation is the same one I make all the time:  light changes how anything looks.  I hope you can see that these crosses never look exactly the same because the light is never exactly the same. 




Click on the collage to enlarge it.

No comments: