Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 07/21/09: Retreat Recap, No News Is, Out of the Heat

1. In this very blog, and copied on Facebook, I wrote what I presented last week in the Inland Northwest Writer's Project summer writing retreat. I've been reflecting also on why I did what I did. It's been a very good exercise, giving me opportunity to weigh how much I believe in what I did last week and how I tend to teach (and practice) writing.

2. The pace in Denton seems to have relaxed a bit in Olivia Cathleen Diaz's second day of life. I haven't heard from The Deke since this morning, a good sign. It's been wonderful to hear that all is going well and that Molly is slowly and surely recovering from the C section.

3. Writing all day meant staying out of the heat. I have to go out tomorrow; it was really nice, though, staying indoors with the fans keeping things cool.

No comments: