Friday, July 3, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 07/03/09: Green Bean Party, Book Stroll, Pepsi Relief (and Bonus) Birthday Girl Helps Lift the Blues!

1. My Grandma Woolum cooked veg-gasmic green beans and bacon. The Deke bought a bag of green beans at the market and I cooked them today with bacon. I didn't match the veg-gasmic taste explosion of Grandma's green beans, but they weren't bad. I might keep working at it.

2. I strolled down the the Public Library, got my card updated, paid a small overdue fine, and enjoyed grazing the stacks and coming home with Gerald Stern, Nick Hornby, and Tim O'Brien.

3. I stopped in at the 11th and Lawrence market and bought a 32 oz fountain Pepsi, packed with ice. It cooled me. It rejeuvenated me. It was Pepsi-tastic!

Bonus Beautiful Thing: I called Silver Valley Girl to wish her a Happy Birthday and we talked for nearly forty-five minutes, a real lift for me. . . helped alleviate some of the blues I've been feeling.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

The secret to the green beans is to pour a bit of the bacon grease over the beans from the bacon. Perfect!

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Also, you need to put them on the stove at about 7 a.m. then cook them all day until dinner time.

It was great talking to you, too. Another of my special birthday treats yesterday.