Sunday, July 26, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 07/25/09: Riverside Chat, Ice Coffee Confessional, Kidney Supply

  1. The conversation was an intense one, but at least sitting near the river, near the rose garden, in the cool of the morning, with contented people running, walking, and biking by gave us a lovely setting for discussing such unpleasant matters.
  2. I hadn't seen Melissa since Fat Cats and Underdogs ended in March and we sat down for nearly an hour at the Strand and she interviewed me about my career for a class project. Seeing Melissa was great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed explaining my love of teaching and the philosophical underpinnings that shape my work.
  3. The Atlantic, here, and The New Yorker (July 27, 2009) both ran articles looking at the complexities inside the world of kidney donors and recipients. If you'd like to read the New Yorker piece online, you have to register for the New Yorker online edition. Go to newyorker.com, and look in the right hand rail for a link to click on that will take you to details about doing this.

No comments: