Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 10/14/14: Ongoing Transition, A Refreshing Harp Lager, Tofu and Broccoli

1.  I keep plugging away at trying to establish everything in Maryland:  what do I need to do to register the car?  What do I need to do to get a MD driver's license?  When will our auto insurance cards arrive?  What's happening with retirement accounts? What will electricity cost us here?  Any idea when our belongings might arrive from Eugene? Emails.  Phone calls.  Waiting for the mail. Learning.  I'll be very happy to have the business parts of this transition completed.

2.  When I crack open a well-chilled Harp Lager and chug the first icy draw from the bottle, I always wonder why I would ever drink any other beer.  It is one of the most crisp, refreshing, and satisfying beers I ever drink.  The one I drank tonight really hit the spot.

3.  I cruised down to the Co-op to buy some broccoli so that I could fix a broccoli and tofu over Chinese noodles recipe I had tried at Molly and Hiram's and wanted to cook again.  It's a great dish.  It's garlicy and the rice vinegar in the soy sauce/fish sauce coating gives the dish a bite that goes nicely with the garlic.  It made for a nice dinner for the Deke and me.

No comments: