Monday, December 22, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 12/21/14: Christy Arrives, World Premier, Great Talk with Diane

1.  Christy arrived today and I helped prepare for her arrival by following each directive Mom gave me:  I put the Christmas decoration boxes back in the storage closets, dusted, swept, and vacuumed the upstairs, and hung the new curtains in the TV room on the ground floor.  I stayed calm.  I obeyed Mom.

2.  By the grace of all that is good in the world, I managed to land a ticket to the red carpet world premier of Nancy Hanks' latest short film, "Across Bank Street:  The Last Witch", held upstairs at the Wallace Elks.  Pemphredo, the last witch herself, was played by my sister Carol, who helped bring about the end of a bullying situation in Wallace.  I got to sit at a table with Carol and her family and with sister Christy.  We enjoyed our spaghetti and salad and garlic bread meal and watched proudly as Carol brought the benevolence of Pemphredo to life on the (pretty) big screen.  It was my first experience being in the midst of the Silver Valley Film Making Community.

3.  Before the world premier red carpet gala got fully underway, I got to talk with the Elks' bartender, Diane (Hone) Hogan, KHS, Class of '72.  We had a great visit and caught each other up on much that has transpired over the many years.  We both agreed that our lives have been nothing like we could have ever imagined when we left high school forty-one years ago, in both wondrous and painful ways.

No comments: