Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 09/08/15: Costco Trip, Black Bean Salad, Tacos and Calico Critters

1. I started getting our household back in order after being away for six days with a trip to Costco to buy some peppers, green beans, tomatoes, almond butter, salsa, kale salad kit -- and a fill up of gasoline.

2.  After a trip to CVS to buy a replacement hair drier -- maybe Aunt Susie has a new hair drier -- or The Aloft Hotel in Chicago! --, I stocked up at the Co-op and returned home and cooked rice and combined it with black beans, chopped peppers, tomatoes, and red onion, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, corn, lime juice, and olive oil to make a salad to take to Molly and Hiram's for dinner tonight.

3. The salad was a fitting complement to Taco Tuesday at chez Diaz and before we dove into the chow, Olivia explained to me a little bit about the world of Calico Critters. I had no idea.

1 comment:

Nini said...

I would love to have the recipe for your salad please! My email is vicenza74@gmail.com