Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 09/27/15: Strolling at Harwich, Seeing Derek and Cathy, Burger and Early Bedtime

1.  I got up this morning and drove to Cape Cod for the first time in my life. I went to Harwich, parked the car at the tourist information center, and strolled for a while, making my way to Bank Street Beach.  Down at the beach, and as I walked back to the car, I took some pictures:








2.  I didn't go to Cape Cod to tour and see sites.  I went to see my cousin, Derek, and his wife, Cathy, in Dennis Port.  They welcomed me warmly and immediately put an IPA from Cap Cod in my hand and Cathy sliced up some cheese and meat and gave us a plate of crackers and we sat down in front of the Pats' game, but spent a lot more time having a good long chat than we did watching the football game. I'd never really sat down and talked with Derek before.  We had a ton to talk about -- our families, how we each came to live on the East coast, and a host of other things.  While we were talking, pulled pork and homemade beans were simmering in the kitchen and we ended our afternoon together with awesome pulled pork sandwiches, beans, and cole slaw.  It was a great visit.  I hope I can find my way back before too awfully long and take up Derek and Cathy on their offer to show me around Cape Cod and have some more fun together.

3.  Back at the Troxstar's parents' home, I was invited to the dinner table for a delicious grilled burger and a Mayflower IPA. The combination of food, drink, and travel moved me to excuse myself early in the evening to go to bed, meaning I missed the red moon and the eclipse -- but, I was tired and wanted to be rested for my long drive back to Maryland on Monday.

No comments: