Friday, May 4, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/04/18: Mini BluesFest, Back Yard Pleasure, Soup

1.  Cas called me in the middle of the afternoon to say that his buddy Mitch had come by the house and wanted him to have a mini-BluesFest at the Inland Lounge and wondered if I wanted to join in. I did. Cas didn't open his bar. He just let Mitch and me and he served us. I enjoyed a couple very slow beers and a couple red Solo cups of ice water and the three of us listened to Gary Moore, Buddy Guy, and others on the Lounge sound system and got to know more about Mitch's many years living in the Silver Valley, his family, and his work over the years. When Mitch left, I stuck around long enough to join Cas in listening to a cut from Roger Waters' new album and I thought about my early days in college as we listened to "Whiter Shade of Pale".

2. Although hazy at times, it was a clear and warm, but not hot, day in Kellogg. The Deke and I joined Christy and Everett in their back yard and we all shot the breeze for a while in the pleasant, fresh, and refreshing early evening air of Kellogg in early May.

3. I had thawed out a container of turkey/chicken stock I made a while back and I put together a ground beef and vegetable soup that hit the spot when I got home after visiting Christy and Everett.

No comments: