Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/28/18: Hours in the Gardens, Dump Run!, Old School at Radio Brewing

1. I went out back early this morning while still shady and tilled a spot, improved it with a bag of potting soil, transplanted two daylilies, poked some cosmos seeds in the ground, and watered it. Later on, the Deke and I moved the raised bed on to the lawn temporarily and I tore weed suppressing carpeting out of the ground. We put back the raised bed frame and I filled it with multiple bags of potting soil. Later I bought a bag of fertilizer for the raised bed and, by late afternoon, the Deke transplanted some herbs and put radish seeds in the raised bed to get a growing project underway.

2. I borrowed Everett's pickup and loaded it with cardboard, construction waste, styrofoam packing, the carpet pieces I yanked out of the ground, and bags of household trash and made a trip to the transfer station. I love it when I don't let stuff that needs to be disposed of pile up and thanks to Everett letting me use his truck and thanks to how easy it is to get to and use the dump, I got this stuff from both ours and Christy and Everett's house out of here quickly.

3.  The Deke and I went up to Radio Brewing and lo and behold there was a table filled almost to capacity with Kellogg High School grads around our age: Darrell and Sherrie Northrup, Jim and Martha O'Reilly, and Mark and Wanda Cowles. At first, I thought the Deke and I had some talking to  do between ourselves and I turned down this group's first invitation to join us, but, when one of them offered the same invitation to the Deke, she accepted and it was blast. Two seats remained at the end of the table, we took them, and I got to know Mark and Wanda better than I ever have and we were parts of other conversations up and down the table. It turned out these guys had been out on the town for a while and they were done and needed to leave before the Deke and I left, so the two of us lingered for a while and got in the conversation I thought we were going to have when we arrived. Everything worked out just right!

No comments: