Friday, May 11, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/10/18: Weeding, Goodness, Tile

1. I was back at it on and off much of the day, hacking, yanking, piling, kneeling, pulling, shoveling, raking, slowly, somewhat surely, getting the back area of the yard weeded and cleaned up -- and I don't even know why, except it looks better. Right now, we have no plans for that area, but I want to improve its appearance.

2.  I walked into Yoke's and almost immediately I saw Class of 72 classmate, Judy Jacobs Shafer. I don't run into Judy often, but, when I do, her kindness and friendly spirit warms my heart. I didn't change out of my gardening clothes to go to the store. My jeans were caked with dirt at the knees and my shoes were muddy. Judy must not have noticed because she apologized for not being cleaned up. Judy hikes and walks every day and was still in her hiking clothes. Over the last year or so, Judy has lost over 100 pounds and she beamed as she told me how much it means to her to take the trail above the hospital, go over the hill, come out at Vergobbi Gulch, and walk back to the high school.

I finished shopping, got to the check out stand, and realized I left my wallet at home, As I dashed out the door to drive home and get it, Judy was helping a new resident in town, whose car had broken down, load her groceries into Judy's mini-van so Judy could take her home, saving her a ride in a taxi.

3.  I think Shawn and his crew will be in our house until the end of the month. I'm not sure of that, but I think that's about right. Right now, they are putting the tile in the shower, a slow job, but I'm starting to see and imagine a little better just how this area will look next week as these guys get closer to finishing the bathroom.

No comments: