Sunday, May 27, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/26/18: Dump Run, Garden Party, 19th Hole

1. On Friday, Shawn and his guys filled up our regular garbage can with stuff from their job and today I figured what the hay -- I'll make a run to the dump. So I got out a couple of our extra trash cans, filled them up, and broke down some cardboard boxes from around the house, loaded up the Sube, and made a quick trip to the transfer station.

2. Carol and Paul wanted to show the Deke, Christy, Everett, and me all the developments in their yard and garden, so they invited us over for a garden party. We saw their multiple flower and vegetable plots and sat on their patio and enjoyed olives, vegetables, cheese, and wine. We had a cheerful time together -- in fact, the Deke and I might just be inspired to up our yard and garden game a bit. A little bit.

3. I texted Don Knott and told him to let me know when to show up at the Inland Lounge's 19th hole and later in the afternoon he texted me that he was done with his round at the Kellogg golf course and so I headed up to the Lounge. We had a great time. Cas was happy to see us.  Ed joined us. So did Eddie Joe. We yakked about all kinds of stuff and I got to hear stories about the good old days in Kellogg that I'd never heard before.

No comments: