Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/15/18: Lawn Mowing, Voting, Cooling Off

I just realized that the post I published yesterday was my 4200th at kellogg bloggin', October, 2006-May, 2018.

1. It only took about ten yanks on the cord to get the lawn mower to spit and cough and get going, but once it did, I got the lawn mowed. For me, it was a hot May day, cloudless. I paced myself, took several breaks to get out of the sun and to hydrate. I was happy to get this job done.

2. This afternoon, I went to Memorial Hall, the former Northwest Metals/Steelworkers Hall, on Hill Street and voted. It was a good scene: a small, but steady number of people were voting, the check in and check out was straightforward, and I enjoyed casting my vote for those candidates and measures I support. I am eager to see the local election results. I've seen the statewide results, not the county ones yet, and look forward to voting again this fall.

3. The Deke and I helped Shawn end his work day by having a drink at our kitchen table. For a change of pace, the Deke and I decided to drive to Wallace and eat at the City Limits. I got out of the car at the pub, which sits in a canyon along the banks of Ninemile Creek, and was immediately reminded of how Wallace cools off so quickly in the late afternoon and evening. Inside the City Limits it was also cool and comfortable, and I enjoyed drinking the Idaho River Session Ale, a refreshing collaboration between North Idaho Mountain Brewing and Radio Brewing, and enjoyed an order of fish tacos.

The Deke and I continued our quest for cool and relaxing places by going over to Christy and Everett's back yard and sitting at an outdoor table for a while, relishing the cool mountain air of the Silver Valley.

No comments: