Monday, May 28, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 05/27/18: Best Shots Summit, Daylilies, Superb Family Dinner

1.  Ed, Don Knott, and I knew it was about time to solve the world's problems once and for all.  We got together at Best Shots, put our heads together over breakfast, and one by one we took care of the world's ills. It was a little disappointing that even after all we did, I looked at the news and the world seemed unfazed by all our work at the Best Shots Summit. Oh, well. The company was awesome and my breakfast was perfect: a thick, perfectly peppery sausage patty, pillowy hash browns, two flawlessly fried eggs, and two golden brown pancakes, the first pancakes I'd ever ordered at Best Shots, but definitely not my last.

2. From her abundant store of a stunning variety of flowers, Carol plucked daylilies with dirt, roots, the works, put them in plastic shopping bags, and brought them over. We have a spot near the snowball bush in our scrawny garden for me to plant them on Monday. Slowly, surely over the next year, I'll work to clear out spots here and there for flowers and Carol's offering to us will make a good start.

3. We dined like royalty in Christy and Everett's back yard tonight for family dinner. I didn't catch the name of it, but Christy prepared a cauliflower casserole, rich with cheeses and cream that was tasty and substantial, and, for those following the plan, was Keto perfect. She also served a fresh salad with a Greek vinaigrette and very tasty zucchini slices out of the oven. Within myself, but not out loud, I called them zucchini boats. I mostly listened to the lively conversations about gardening, the progress of our remodeling projects, Christy and Everett's upcoming getaway to Priest Lake, Keto cooking and eating, and dog talk, among other things. If I could have a wish come true, it would be that the temperature and weather conditions in Kellogg would be what they were today, all year long. It was warm enough to be outside, but it wasn't hot and as the sun dropped, refreshing cool evening mountain air made being outdoors perfectly comfortable.

No comments: