Saturday, February 3, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 02-02-2024: Stationary Bikes, Early Dinner, Food Delivery and The Lounge

1. I was tired this morning and I took a short nap before I piled into the Sube and rocketed to the Fitness Center. For the first time since I started going there, I didn't get on the treadmill and, instead, followed up my time on the NuStep with a couple of sessions on the two different kinds of stationary bikes and began to imagine myself back on the Trail of the CdA's huffing and puffing on my bicycle again. 

2. I dashed home and finished cooking dinner. I'd already made a pot of brown rice in the morning and now all I had to do was cook up some onion, cook a couple of salmon burger patties, break up the patties, and combine the rice, onion, and salmon in a single pan. I ate my dinner right away and put the rest of the food in a container for Debbie when she returned home from school.

3. Why did I eat dinner at about 2:30? Why wouldn't Debbie and I be eating together?

Well, every once in a while, Ed and I do Ed's son-in-law, Garren Taylor, proprietor of the GarrenTeed BBQ food trailer, a solid and deliver food for him out of town. Today Ed picked me up around 3:00 and we delivered to a family whose place is high on a hill about five or six miles west off of Highway 95, just south of CdA.  We had codes to the two gates we went through and wound our way up to provide food for someone's surprise party -- a birthday, maybe. I don't really know. 

We successfully found the place, made the delivery, made our way back to Highway 95, and blasted back to Kellogg and had a couple of refreshing beers at The Lounge. 

We hoped we'd find this somewhat isolated house without any problem and that's exactly what happened, so the delivery went smoothly, just as smoothly as the two Rainier beers I downed at The Lounge. 

No comments: