Thursday, February 22, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 02-21-2024: The Slow-Go Years, Back to the Fitness Center, Coconut Curry for Dinner

1. If, as Byrdman has told me, the 60s are the go-go years and the 70s are the slow-go years, I surrendered to that trend today. Today was day thirteen of feeling the effects of this persistent bug I've had. Yes, for sure, I was better today than I was a week ago, but I decided it would be wise to stay home this evening rather than drive to Whitworth University for Ron White's 7:00 p.m. presentation. If the presentation had been in the afternoon, I think I could have mustered the energy to go, but I wasn't ready to be out this evening, even if I spent the night in Spokane.

And, sure enough, when 7:00 rolled around this evening, and Debbie and I were listening to the BBC podcast, Obscene: The Dublin Scandal about two murders that rocked the country of Ireland in 1982, I fell asleep listening to it. 

I'm not quite fully recovered.

2. I suppose one reason why I fell asleep in the chair I sat in was because I went to the Fitness Center this afternoon. I only exercised for thirty minutes. It was a light workout on the Nu-Step machine.  I loved that I was in motion, even if I wasn't pushing myself, and I knew I'd reached my energy limit after thirty minutes. 

3. Back home, I popped open a HelloFresh bag and fixed Debbie and me a mild coconut curry dish, featuring a curry sauce combined with chickpeas served over basmati rice. I enjoyed the flavor of the garam masala and I always enjoy eating chickpeas and basmati rice. Were I to cook this recipe again, however, I'd add spice it up with a moderate amount of heat. I don't want curry to give me a swift kick, but I wish I'd punched up this recipe a bit with some red pepper flakes. 

No comments: