Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 02-12-2024: Light Workout, Turkey Soup, An Up and Down Night

1.  I determined that I felt well enough today to return to the Fitness Center and exercise after three days off. It went very well. I didn't push myself much, worked on three machines for twenty minutes each, and left the gym feeling good.

2. I picked up a few groceries and two prescriptions at Yoke's and fixed Debbie and me turkey soup, hoping that it would be not only delicious, but medicinal.

3. I went to be feeling pretty good, but overnight the bug I've contracted reasserted itself. My throat became sore, making it difficult to sustain sleep, and I sneezed and had to blow my nose more overnight that I had at any time during the day. In anticipation of another similar night on Tuesday, I'll have throat lozenges on my bed stand. I won't go to CdA for my Tuesday workout. I'll rest, hydrate, eat fruit and protein, and trust that this bug runs its course soon. It's been with me for five days -- and, unfortunately, I know for some others this thing has hung on for a week or two.

The good news, though, is that if I had to officiate the wedding today, I could do it -- I might sneeze, blow my nose a time or two, or cough a bit, but I could do it!  

No comments: