Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 09/18/07: 21st Century Guy, Gums, Promotion


1. I've decided to assume the persona of 21st century guy at LCC. Our college is having problems. So, I say things in meetings like, "'Effieciency? That's so 1998! It's the 21st century! The 21st century is about process, unit plans, assessment reports, input, productivity, accountability, and so on! I embrace the 21st century!"

2. One thing I do really appreciate about the 21st century is the continued improvements in dentistry. I have my teeth cleaned every three months instead of every six months and I really like Trish, the hygienist. In fact, here are words I've never written or spoken before: with Trish as my hygienist, I enjoy going to the dentist.

3. Another thing I enjoy about the 21st century is Web 2.0. I think for the hell of it I'll create a myspace page to advertise my winter quarter World Literature course and make some kind of YouTube thing, also. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm ashamed to admit it's been two decades since my last visit to the dentist.

I'm petrified!

I'm blessed with good, strong teeth (no cavities ever), but how long can this last? I don't even floss all that often.

And the longer I wait, the less likely I am to make the appointment.