Friday, November 13, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 11/12/09: Hot Pizza, Noble Love, Research Surprises

1. LCC's cafeteria sells superb pizza by the slice. Once a week, I buy a couple of slices. Today I bought a pepperoni and a Hawaiian and, then,as if God were moving in the room, my eyes fell upon a bottle of Tabasco sauce. It was like an accident of Providence. I heaped generous splashes on my pizza, bought a 20 oz. bottle of Diet Pepsi and a cup packed with ice and luxuriated in the dough cheese meat pineapple red pepper ice cold wonder of my lunch.

2. M. nailed it in class today when he spoke of the way love contributes to the living of an honorable/noble life.

3. I was amazed at the variety of sources my evening students had found in the library and the variety of ways they plan to approach their next essay. I am eager to see how it all plays out.

No comments: