Monday, November 16, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 11/15/09: Stubb's, Snug Grading Bliss, The House of World Lit.

1. I forgot to mention that yesterday I soaked a Trader Joe's pork loin cut in about a quarter of a bottle of Stubb's pork marinade. Today I threw that meat and three spuds in the oven and enjoyed them with some fried yellow zucchini like squash.

2. I had a great day grading student essays, made all the more pleasant by having Snug press himself against my thigh and hip as we shared the couch. Total bliss.

3. I loved my World Lit. students' papers. They seem to be entering into the spiritual zone the ancient writers invite us to reside in, to live the mysteries of human existence. I think many of them enjoy living there. I always wonder at the end of a course: will my students take up permanent residence in this wonderful house or will they be visitors who enjoy the hospitality of Rumi and Homer and the others, and move on.

2 comments:

myrtle beached whale said...

I went into the cabinet and selected a can of Campbell's tomato soup. I combined it with an equal amount of tapwater and heated it on the stovetop to approximately 200 degrees. I poured half of it into a small bowl and crumbled in some Saltine crackers. I selected an ice-cold bottle of Kirkland spring water and consumed it while I watched Judge Joe Brown try two cases. The plaintiffs won both cases. It was very satisfying.

raymond pert said...

Too bad you didn't have time to take a loaf of white bread out, unwrap a couple slices of American cheese, and make yourself a toasted cheese sandwich. Goes great with Campbell's tomato soup. And, I'm sure, Judge Brown.