Saturday, January 11, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 01/10/14: My Healing Foot, Pasta Dinner, *Deceptive Practices*

1.  Slowly, my mysteriously infected foot is healing.  Slowly, the swelling is going down.  Slowly, today I became a bit more mobile.  Staying put much of the day, as I sat still, I was not in too much pain.  I also got back some of the sleep I lost during a fitful night alternating between short periods of sleep and periods of being awake with pain.  By the way, those miracle anti-inflammatory, over the counter pain killers, like ibuprofen, are off limits for me because of the kidney disease I live with.  So, I just have to endure.

2.  The Deke has been hungry for pasta for a long time and she stopped at Frontier Market and picked up some capellini, boiled it perfectly, mixed in some basil, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese and served it with a tasty Syrah wine.  Awesome.

3.  I watched the documentary movie Deceptive Practices:  The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay and found it fascinating, both as it explored the life of Ricky Jay and as Ricky Jay took us through the history of magic in the USA as he told stories about those who had inspired and taught him. 

No comments: