Friday, January 3, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 01/02/14: Mom Shops in Cd'A, Garnet Cafe, Juli at Noah's

1.  Mom and I braved the clear roads and good visibility on the 4th of July Pass and went to Coeur d'Alene and Mom took advantage of stunning sales at J. C. Penney and Macy's and I picked up some pictures at Costco.

2.  Mom treated me to breakfast at lunchtime at the Garnet Cafe in Coeur d'Alene and I enjoyed a lightly breaded pork steak with light, delicious gravy accompanied by home fries and eggs over medium and sourdough toast.  The coffee was splendid and we were served by a most personable waitress who had all kinds of great ideas about vinegar, raspberry jam and lemon curd, and hot sauce and, like every service employee in Coeur d'Alene, called Mom, "My Dear".

3.  After fixing Mom a stir fry like I fix for the Deke in Eugene, Ed and I went over to Noah's Canteen for a couple of beers.  When we walked in, I immediately saw Juli and we hugged and talked for a few minutes.  Juli's brother and I were good friends in college and lived together for a year.  He died about fourteen years ago.  I didn't know Juli when I lived with John, but Juli and I met at the 2010 All-class Reunion and we became fast friends and always enjoy seeing each other a lot.

No comments: