Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 01/06/14: No Inbox Pressure, No WR 115 Pressure, Back at Billy Mac's

1.  I hadn't checked my LCC email for three weeks and not much was there.  Excellent.  I dealt with the handful of requests I received from students looking to enroll in my WR 115 sections and wrote a belated "let's do it" to a fellow instructor's suggestion that we have a beer some time, but nothing else in my inbox required any action or was pressing.  This is one of the bonuses of working part-time in my retirement.

2.  Without hurry, without pressure, I calmly got everything posted and printed that I need to start teaching WR 115 tomorrow.  This is one of the bonuses of working part-time in my retirement.  I don't have to rush, press, stress out, tire myself out, or feel resentment about time.  I just made myself comfortable and took the time I needed to prepare myself for my first day of classes.

3.  The Deke and I went to Billy Mac's where Kathy welcomed me back with a hug, Amber asked me if I missed Billy Mac's (I did) and told me they had missed me there, and I settled in with a refreshing 7 and 7 and had a cup of lobster chowder and a small Caesar salad.  It was a relaxing dinner, with good conversation with the Deke.  Indeed, as much as I enjoyed being in Kellogg and other spots in North Idaho, I had missed Billy Mac's.

No comments: