Monday, January 27, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 01/27/14: Testing My Toe, Taco? Rice Bowl?, NBA Throw Back Monday

1.  I took my nearly healed toe out for a spin today.  I walked about five blocks to 7-11 and then about another five blocks to Red Apple and then home again.  My toe held up.  I think I might try walking to the bus in the morning.

2.  Black beans, brown rice, tofu, red cabbage, lime, cilantro, grated carrots, corn tortilla, tortilla chips, salsa:  dinner, either rolled into a taco or eaten as a rice bowl. 

3.  I thrilled myself with more video footage from 1977 of the Blazers and Bill Walton and then watched the '76 Celtics and then the '68 Celtics, as they lost the Eastern Division playoff to Hal Greer, Luke Jackson, Chet Walker, Wally Jones, Matt Goukas, and Wilt Chamberlain.  Chamberlain was a much better player in '68, when the Sixers only lost thirteen games all year,  than he was in '70 as a Laker.  It sure is fun watching all these players and these games I saw as a young guy.  I love watching the players who taught me to love basketball. 

No comments: