Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 01/28/14: One Thing in Terms of Another, Walking More, End of the Troxstar Era

1.  I like to think that I help my students make the move of reading one article, arriving at an understanding of it, and then applying its insights to something else.  In today's case, that something else is the movie Happy and we are looking at it as an exploration of happiness based on living in line with your values, as explained by Steven Reiss.

2.  My infected big toe on my left foot is still red and swollen, but it's not incapacitating.  I walked to the bus station today, walked from place to place on campus, and walked home from the bus.  I hadn't walked like this for about three weeks, so I am very happy that I'm regaining the ability to walk places.  I'm not going to overdo anything.  That's for sure.  It feels good, though, to know my little world of routine walking is slowly becoming available again.

3.  Tonight was Senior Warden/the Troxstar's last vestry meeting as the Senior Warden.  It was also Carolyn's last vestry meeting as the Junior Warden.  To celebrate, Father Bingham, the Troxstar, Carolyn, and I met for some beer at 16 Tons and had a great time talking about all kinds of things and had a lot of hearty laughs.  I was very happy to have been invited to be a part of this epic night in the history of St. Mary's Episcopal Church.

No comments: