Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 10/17/16: Savannah Photo Meander, Lunch and the Newlyweds, Uber Debut

1.  I woke up this morning feeling complete, happy to have been part of so much joy and fun since arriving in Savannah on Friday, very happy to have been a part of Scott and Cate's marriage.  With a day in Savannah to myself, I tried to express my happiness by taking pictures, walking to Forsyth Park, returning to River Street, and doing my best to compete a Sibling Photo Assignment where Christy told us to look up and take pictures of beauty above us.

2.  I dropped into The Savannah Taphouse on E. Broughton Street and after enjoying a cup of she crab soup and an order of Tex Mex eggrolls and a pint of Hop'Lin IPA from Savannah's own Southbound Brewing, a text message flew in from Scott, telling me that he and Cate were outside the Hampton Inn, so I hustled the few blocks over there and, much to my surprise and delight, got to spend another half hour or so visiting with Scott and Cate and revel in how perfectly everything went on Sunday and I got to hear more about their plans to wind their way up to Maine from New York over the next several days.

3.  I think it was while I was at Forsyth Park, but it might have been at another of the several handsome squares in Savannah, but I got to thinking about the fact that I needed a late afternoon ride to the airport and that this just might be the day to sign up with Uber. So I did. Eventually, I returned to the hotel, claimed my suitcase at the front desk, and soon Melissa drove up in her handsome Nissan Rogue and, before long, after a little conversation about Hurricane Matthew, we learned that both us are enthusiastic about beer and some good old beer talk made the trip to the airport go by in no time.

And, just for the record, everything from check in to security check to juicing up my phone and relaxing at a charging station to changing planes in Atlanta to returning to the Sube in long term parking at BWI went beautifully.
*****
Here are a few pictures I took in Savannah.  I'd sure like to go back and take pictures in Savannah again.  I really think I'd do better now that I've been to Savannah once.









No comments: