Saturday, October 29, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 10/28/16: Drive to Nyack, Maximum Bored, Life Saver

1.  The Deke and Olivia and I piled into the Sube late in the afternoon to lumber up the choked, sometimes clogged, arteries of I-95, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway and made our way to Adrienne and Jack's place in Nyack.  We arrived around 10:30. From driving I was worn out and would up at the same time and, after unpacking the Sube, I relaxed with cold, refreshing bottle of Brooklyn Lager and eventually got to sleep.

2. Earlier in the day,  I zoomed down to the Shell station on Greenbelt Road and using a tool that could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, I vacuumed about 33 tons of corgi hair off the back seat so Olivia could have a nice environment during her five hour, in her words, "maximum bored" ride to Nyack.

3.  Soon after we pulled on to the New Jersey Turnpike, we stopped at the John Fenwick Travel Plaza and a simple cup of Starbucks coffee and a toasted plain bagel with cream cheese saved my life.

No comments: