Friday, August 25, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 08/24/17: Business, Taco Thursday, Beer and Humdinger Burgers

1. It was a business day. I saw our attorney to get things underway to take care of Mom's estate.  I signed papers. I called an insurance company to find out if a policy of Mom's I found papers for was still in force. It is. I learned what Christy, Carol, and I need to do to file a claim.  I got things underway to donate to charity a burial space at Fairmount Cemetery in Spokane. It's one our family has owned for nearly seventy years, but that no one in our family is going to use.

2. I enjoyed a light lunch at the Hill Street Depot: smoked tri-tip steak street tacos and a glass of Radio Brewing's Pale Ale. Fatigued from grieving, packing, sorting, hauling, and figuring things out, it felt good to sit silently at the Depot's short bar and go blank for a while.

3. Byrdman and I had planned a get together with friends at Corby's this afternoon, but changed our plans when key figures couldn't make it. Instead, we sat at the bar at Radio Brewing and ate some chips with salsa and guacamole and enjoyed some IPA and Wildcat Wheat. Afterward, we stopped at the Humdinger and each picked up a burger and fries. Byrdman dropped me off at Mom's and I ate my dinner and, after a brief nap on the couch, went to bed and slept with my head right by an open window and enjoyed the fresh, cool North Idaho air and had a long night's sleep, hoping to be revived for more grieving, sorting, packing, and hauling on Friday.

No comments: