Monday, August 28, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 08/27/17: Packing and Cleaning, Sibling Outing in Spokane, Early to Bed

1. I spent the morning packing for my flight to Baltimore, doing a little bit of cleaning in Mom's house, and taking several breaks to rest my tired back. It's a little bit shot after all these days of sorting and hauling -- I have lifted and transported countless boxes and bags of things out of Mom's house.

2. Christy, Carol, and I had our first sibling outing in a long time. We drove to Spokane and enjoyed walking around Kendall Yards. We stopped in at Veraci for a drink and we shared a Caprese salad. We then buzzed up to the Manito Tap House for dinner. I enjoyed this time with my sisters a lot, but if enjoyment is measured by how much I talked, it would seem that I wasn't enjoying myself. I was just beat from all the things I've been doing around Mom's house and with other tasks since Mom passed away. I enjoyed relaxing, but I wasn't very animated for our sibling outing.

3.  Christy and Carol dropped me off at the Ramada Inn at the Spokane Airport and I was dead asleep by 8:30, happy for the having spent an afternoon with my sisters, but too tired to even look at television or do much other than update the security on the two HP computers that belong to the Deke and me.

No comments: