Saturday, April 4, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 04/03/20: Pandemic Mask, Hamburger Soup, *Cold Justice* Visits the Silver Valley BONUS Stu's Limerick

1. I finished ironing the last ribbons of fabric, the ones Debbie transforms into mask straps on her sewing machine. This afternoon, Debbie presented me with my pandemic mask to wear on the rare occasion I go outside -- that is, buy groceries and go to the liquor store. Here I am, sporting my new mask:



2.  I did some chopping and then put some ground beef seasoned with garlic powder, onion, celery, and carrots in the Dutch oven and cooked them until the meat was no longer pink and the onions were soft. I added two minced garlic cloves, cooked the mix for another minute, and then added a can of pinto beans, a can of diced tomatoes, a quart of chicken stock, chopped potatoes, frozen corn kernels, and frozen green beans. I seasoned the soup with red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. It cooked slowly on the stove top until the potatoes were tender and before long Debbie and I had a delicious hamburger soup for dinner.

3. Ed texted me today, wondering if I'd seen the Cold Justice episode "Mystery on the Mountain" on Oxygen television covering the unsolved disappearance of Brian Shookman in August 2012. First thing I had to do was see if my Fubo subscription included the Oxygen channel. It does. Then I saw that this episode was airing again at 6:00 this evening. Debbie and I tuned in. I enjoyed watching the Cold Justice people working side by side with Shoshone County law enforcement. I won't give away how the episode turned out, but will say that the whole story is chilling.


Here's Stu's limerick for today:

It's really not hard to be nice.
Saying thank you for help's good advice.
Offer strangers a smile,
Then after a while.
It's a habit, don't even think twice.

No comments: