Friday, April 17, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 04/16/20: Vietnam History, Leftovers, Old TV BONUS: Stu's Limerick

1. After watching The Quiet American last night, this morning I put on the first episode of Ken Burns' documentary, Vietnam. I wanted to remind myself of at least the broad outline of Vietnam's history with France and remind myself of how the USA slowly and surely got involved in Vietnam. It all came back to me.

2. We had some of Christy's delicious tomato sauce left over. Debbie stretched it with a can of diced tomatoes, added in some spinach, garbanzo beans, and roasted onion pieces and, served over rice, this was a very satisfying dinner bowl.

3. Debbie and I had a fun night watching television programming from our youth again. We watched an episode of Peter Gunn, a handful of episodes of the Dick Tracy cartoon show, and wrapped up the night with the first episode of The Real McCoys. We had a fun, relaxing party.


Here's the latest of Stu's limericks:

If you needed to chuck an old stump.
Smelly garbage or leaves in a clump.
Broken tables and chairs,
Maybe just to see bears.
It’s all there when you went to the Dump.

No comments: