Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 04/06/20: My First Masked Outing to the P. O., Shopping at Yoke's, Liquor Store Stop BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. I strapped on my mask. I leaped into the Sube and roared uptown to mail masks that Debbie sewed to Portland, Eugene, and Valley Cottage, NY. I also dropped masks off at Carol and Paul's house. My transaction at the Post Office was stymied temporarily. I left my wallet at home. Ah! Of course! Forgetfulness, for me, always accompanies being anxious. I left the house feeling, if not anxious, for sure self-conscious about wearing a mask, mainly because I'm not used to it. I returned home, grabbed my wallet, finished my transaction at the Post Office, and headed to Yoke's.

2. As I pulled into the parking lot, I immediately noticed that no one coming in or going out of the store was wearing a mask. No judgment. I just wondered if I would be in the company of other mask wearers.

I wasn't.

Well, late in my visit, I spotted one other masked person, but for almost all of the fifteen or twenty minutes or so I spent shopping, I was the only one.

No problem. At first, I thought being the only one would bother me, but it didn't.

I enjoyed being out, stocking up on this and that, and doing my best not to have to return for 10-14 days. I don't think I'll succeed at that, but after I returned home, Debbie and I started a discussion about making an effort to try to execute a two week shopping plan.

3. I dropped into the liquor store and I hope my purchase of triple sec, George Dickel Rye, and Meyer's Dark Rum will give us enough booze over the next two weeks for Debbie's Manhattans, my occasional Rum and Coke, and my martinis along with the hot drinks I enjoy with rum and brandy.  If I consume cocktails over the next couple of weeks, however,   the way I did tonight, our supply will last forever. I didn't drink a drop of alcohol!


Here's another limerick, courtesy of Stu:

There are things we just don't understand
Like why are there 5 fingers per hand?
Or the reasons for gnats,
Or dogs hating cats?
Or the Beatles broke up as a band?




No comments: