Thursday, April 23, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 04/22/20: Good Hike, Post Office and Transplant Update, Bill Davie on YouTube BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. The trail called to me this morning and I answered. Was there a spring in my step? Did I fly up the trail to the picnic table? Hmmm. Not really. I trudged up the trail, rested a few times when I got winded, and got way off the trail to give a woman, the baby strapped to her chest, and her dog plenty of room to pass by as she descended while I ascended the trail. My wind isn't great -- it never is that great -- but my legs felt stronger. It was a good hike.

2. I strapped on my mask and headed to the Post Office. The usually laconic guy at the counter was loquacious today, asked me how I was holding up, and told me how grateful he was for the plastic protection between him and his customers. A few weeks ago, before the protection was installed, a customer coughed on him and he was out eight days with a respiratory infection. Fortunately, it wasn't the Covid 19 virus and he's doing fine now.

Speaking of Covid 19, I got a call from my transplant nurse today and the Sacred Heart transplant program is going to slowly, cautiously get back underway. Now that Debbie is back in Kellogg and can serve as the primary support person I need should I be transplanted, I consented to being returned to the active transplant list again. I see the kidney doctor on May 6th, so I'll have blood work done next week and I can find out from the doc how things are going inside me. I continue to feel really good. I probably should knock on wood, but I'm not experiencing any of the symptoms of kidney disease and am grateful every day that this continues to be the case.

3. As I was bouncing around the World Wide Web today, I discovered that Bill Davie edited his Tuesday night live performance and posted it on YouTube. He was able to make what had been two videos of his performance into a single one and it looks and sounds terrific. If you'd like to see it, it is right here.



Here's a limerick from Stu:

So, it's true that pie's baked in a pan.
Freshly made or poured out from a can.
But to correctly espouse,
This "nut" pie in your house.
Does it rhyme with an "ON" or an "AN"?


No comments: