Monday, March 23, 2015

A Couple of Hours at Sandy Point State Park in Maryland

Saturday afternoon, I took a drive from Greenbelt to Sandy Point State Park, just over thirty miles, so I could have my first experience being at Chesapeake Bay.  In reading about Sandy Point before driving over, every one of the articles emphasized the views of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge available at this park.  So, I fell right in line and took a few bridge pictures:





I walked behind the beach.   For some reason, I wasn't in the mood to walk in the sand. Here are some of the perspectives I had:




I discovered a short trail in a wooded are called the Blue Crab Trail and I walked it and took some pictures in color.  I especially enjoyed finding a little pond that was still topped with ice:






I also took some shadow pictures I enjoyed:



And from the Blue Crab Trail, I could see this Chesapeake Bay Lighthouse in the distance:



While on the trail, I took some black and white pictures, too:



I ended my visit to Sandy Point State Park by walking on some docks used, I think, by crabbers and for other purposes I'm sure I'll learn more about when I return.





No comments: