Thursday, March 12, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 03/11/15: Carol's Difficult Challenges, Tax Prep Chuckle, Referrals Come Through

1.  Mom needs someone with her 24 hours a day and Carol can't do it all.  Mom is learning how much help from outside the home Medicare will pay for, so that's something.  Carol is faced with the daunting challenge of finding help beyond Medicare.  I am proud of her for all she is doing and happy she is enjoying all of this time she's spending with Mom, but she is juggling a lot with her job and Mom's needs.  It's overwhelming.

2.  I went to the Bagel Place in College Park today and did one last sorting out of our tax records and discovered I needed a document from the Lane Foundation in Eugene.  An email later, I got the document, but it wasn't quite accurate and the letter of receipt was addressed to me and my former wife!  That gave me a chuckle.  It's been nearly twenty years since we were married.  A few light-hearted emails later, Shelby and I got the receipt corrected and a letter of receipt addressed to me alone and my tax documents are all ready for the tax guy to go over and help me prepare a return.

3.  For me, it was a great relief when I got word this afternoon from my primary care doctor that he put in orders at two clinics in Silver Spring for me to get the cardiac testing and the chest X-ray I need for my transplant evaluation.  Now all I have to do is pick up the referrals at the clinic in Laurel and make appointments which will open the way to make an appointment with the tax guy.  I hope I can get these procedures done fairly soon and, for the time being, have these medical visits done for a while.

No comments: