Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 03/09/15: Lab Work, 410 to Silver Spring, Patterns on the Ice

UPDATE:  I'm happy to report that the reports I received today from Christy indicate that Mom continues to recover comfortably and she is slowly figuring out how to do some things made difficult by having her arm in a sling.  Once again, I'm very happy to report such undramatic news.

1.  First thing this morning, after dropping the Deke off at school, I had about a dozen or more vials filled with my blood by the kind phlebotomist, Angela, at LabCorp.  It was a double whammy of lab work, some of it for my nephrology appointment on Monday and the rest for the continued testing being done to assess my fitness for a kidney transplant at the U. of Maryland Medical Center.

2.  I enjoy going on drives on the bewildering routes in the immediate area where I live and try to figure things out.  So, this morning, I broke my lab work fast at the Bagel Place in College Park and headed west on Rt. 410 (East West Highway) to Silver Spring.  I got off the route a couple of times, so I did some meandering in Takoma Park, but I found my way back and I might have figured out the baffling intersection where Rt. 410, Georgia Avenue (Rt. 29), and 13 St. intersect.  I never lost my way returning east to Hyattsville and back up Rt. 1 to Greenbelt Rd. and back home again.  I enjoyed this drive a lot and soon will repeat it, just to make sure I got it all right.

3.  With the warmer weather, I got in about two miles of walking between a stroll to Greenbelt Lake and walking some errands.  The Greenbelt Lake trail is still unsuitable for very much walking, but I slogged my way through the slush and mud to a finger of land that sticks out in the lake and took some pictures of the patterns the ice has formed on the lake's surface.  Here are a couple:



No comments: