Friday, June 5, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 06/05/09: W Was Finger Lickin' Good, Paint Scrapes, Stronger and Better

1. After watching the movie "W" last night, it was on my mind today. Josh Brolin is a superb actor. No one plays scenes while eating and talking with his mouth full and sucking and licking his fingers while getting ready to sign off on torture than Josh Brolin.

2. Scraping and sanding and masking windows: the painters are making great progress.

3. I will never again know what's called "full health", but is it possible, after two months of illness, that I am getting closer to the full bloom of the best I can be, given the compromised nature of my health? I'm feeling better and stronger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about his film debut in Goonies back in 1985, and a host of not so memorable films. However, he has been cast is some excellent films of late: Ridley Scott's American Gangster, Oliver Stone's W, 2007 Best Picture No Country for Old Men and this year’s amazing film starring Sean Penn in Gus Van Sant's MILK in which he played assassin and latent homosexual Dan White. Not a bad repertoire for a Brolin IMO. While we're on the subject of films, I thought Emile Hirsch as Cleve Jones in MILK was quite convincing. His portrayal of Scott McCandless was riveting in Into the Wild. He is also cast in the film, Taking Woodstock set to be released in 2009 at the Cannes Film Festival, directed by Ang Lee.

Kendall Whetstine